Nebraskans deserve a leader like Patty Pansing Brooks in Congress. But in order to get there, she needs your vote in three elections this year!
In a typical election year, Nebraskans would only vote in two elections:
- A primary election (May), in which voters from each party elect candidates to be their party’s nominee on the November election ballot.
- A general election (November), in which voters make their “final” vote for who will take office. Candidates who win in the general election are sworn in the following January.
This year, voters from Nebraska’s First Congressional District have an opportunity to elect their next representative earlier than usual. Since Congressman Jeff Fortenberry’s resignation went into effect on June 1, the district currently has no representative. Residents in the First District will vote in an additional election at the end of June to immediately fill the vacancy in Congress through January 2023.
This is why it’s important to vote in all three elections this year: Not only can we flip a seat blue in Congress, but we can do it earlier than any other race across the nation.
Anyone living in the First Congressional District can vote in the Special Election on June 28.
Not sure which district you live in? View the map here.
View the new map find out whether you live in the new District 1. If you live in an area marked red, you can vote – in all 3 elections – for Patty Pansing Brooks!
Check out the Issues Page – Patty Pansing Brooks has a plan to tackle the real issues facing Nebraskans, from keeping taxes low, to growing our small businesses, and strengthening our national security.
Read on! ⬇️
There are plenty of ways to make an impact and help Patty win:
- Follow Patty on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Sign up to be a campaign volunteer
- Make a campaign contribution
- Share graphics from our supporter toolkit to your social media pages